Definitions and Interpretation
The clause headings in this document have been inserted for convenience only and not for interpretation purposes.
1. “Foschini” means Foschini Limited, registration number 1937/009504/06, and its subsidiary and affiliated companies, excluding the RCS Group of companies;
2. “Website” means the Foschini Group website, the Foschini website, the Donna Claire website, the Markham website, the Exact website, the Sportscene website, the Totalsports website, the Due South website, the American Swiss website, the Sterns website, the Matrix website, the @home website, the Luella website and all other websites owned and operated by Foschini, including the content and Service(s) available on and through the websites and any page, part or element thereof;
3. “Services” means any services available on or through the Website;
4. “User” means any person who enters or uses the Website;
5. Reference herein to the singular includes the plural and vice versa; and
6. Hyperlinks herein to legal documents should be deemed part of these terms and conditions in terms of section 11(3) of the ECT Act. The fact that some or all of the hyperlinks may, from time to time, be non-operational, shall not affect the validity and interpretation of this privacy statement.
Foschini shall take all reasonable steps to protect the personal information of Users and for the purpose of this; “personal information” shall be defined as detailed in the HYPERLINK "Link" Protection of Personal Information Bill 2009.
Collection of Personal Information
Foschini may electronically collect, store and use the following personal information of Users:
· name and surname;
· area code;
· street address;
· postal address;
· contact numbers;
· non-personal browsing habits and click patterns;
· e-mail address; and / or IP address.
Lawful Processing of Personal Information
Foschini may collect, maintain, save, compile, share, disclose and sell any information collected from Users, subject to the following provisions:
· Foschini shall not disclose personal information from Users unless the User consents thereto;
· Foschini shall disclose personal information without the User’s consent only through due legal process; and
· Foschini may compile, use and share any information that does not relate to any specific individual.
Purpose for Processing of Personal Information
Foschini collects stores and uses the abovementioned personal information for the following purposes:
1. Communicate requested information to the User;
2. Provide Services to the User as requested by the User;
3. Authenticate the User;
4. Provide the User with access to restricted pages on a Website; and / or
5. Compile non-personal statistical information about browsing habits, click patterns, and access to the Website.
Personal information detailed above is collected either electronically by using cookies or is provided voluntarily by the User. Users may determine cookie use independently through their browser settings.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer's hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
Foschini owns and retains all rights to non-personal statistical information collected and compiled by Foschini.
Access to Information
The Promotion of Access to Information Act no 2 of 2000 gives you the right to access the information that we hold about you. Access to Information. Should you wish to receive details that we hold about you please contact us using the contact details below.
We welcome any queries, comments or requests you may have regarding this Privacy Statement. Please do not hesitate to contact us at email@example.com.
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible, at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.